Tuesday, February 12, 2013

New Chair Project: Buyer Wanted


Even though I have a few projects that need to get done, I haven't been feeling terribly motivated to start them. But this past weekend I happened to be driving by a thrift shop that's not typically open on Sundays. When it was, I decided to pop in.

After a quick stroll past their furniture section, I spotted a chair and as I usually do with chairs, fell in love. Now the fabric is stained and worn and orange (enough said), but the lines are fabulous and I think it'll make an awesome side chair. I could see this by a fireplace, or in a master bedroom as a nice place to sit and kick off your shoes. It'd even complement a home office or with some funky colors, a teen's room too.

So of course, I bought it. My plan right now is to reupholster it and sell it to anyone that's interested. If there's anyone out there reading this that's is in the market for a new chair, do let me know. I'd then work with you on the fabric selection so it works for your home.

And if no one thinks this chair is as awesome as I do, then it will likely find a home on the landing of our second floor that's looking a little bare.

Here the little guy is. I think it totally has the potential to be a statement piece.




Now that he resides in my home awaiting his makeover, I'm thinking through all the possible ways I could take this thing. I do like the tufting so may repeat that ... assuming I can figure out how to do it. It's actually something I've wanted to take on.

The part I'm actually most excited about is fabric selection. At the moment, I'm positively loving the idea of using two different fabrics. These might be a little bright and eccentric but I love the overall vibe.


or this one ...


Even two simple neutrals look great. And the nail head trim? Definite possibility.

Contemporary Dining Room design by New York Interior Designer MuseInteriors

Of course the other decision is whether to leave the wood as is, refinish/stain it, or paint it a new color all together. Decisions, decisions. I just don't know where I (or a potential new owner) will land!